Information for Parents
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this is no ordinary school year. Maine families and school communities are grappling with a host of complex and looming anxieties about the return to school. The question remains: how do we move forward in Maine as we cope with the legitimate anxiety around opening schools and keeping our kids and communities safe?
Mid Coast Hospital is here to support parents as children return to school. Please see the resources provided on this page for the latest guidelines and information.
Resources and Offerings from Mid Coast Hospital
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions about Vaccinations for Parents (.PDF): Learn more about COVID-19 vaccinations for children from the providers of Mid Coast Pediatrics and Martin's Point Health Care.
- COVID-19 Additional Frequently Asked Questions for Parents (.PDF): Ways to decrease your family's risk of COVID-19 infection, safer holiday strategies, and information about flu shots from the providers of Mid Coast Pediatrics and Martin's Point Health Care.
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions for Parents (.PDF): Helpful information from your local pediatricians at Mid Coast Pediatrics and Martin's Point Health Care for families and caregivers with children attending school in person.
- Health Within Reach: Safety Tips for Parents as Kids Return to School: Featuring local pediatricians speaking about ways to keep children safe as they return to school.
- WCME Interview with Deborah Hagler, MD, of Mid Coast Pediatrics: Tips and guidelines for parents to consider as children return to school and other activities.
- Wellness News: Working Together to Keep Our Kids Safe in School: Important ways community members can help keep children, teachers, parents, and others safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mid Coast Pediatrics: Available for well child visits, vaccinations, and same-day sick visits.
- Mid Coast Hospital Walk-In Clinic: Located at 22 Station Avenue. Offers high-quality, lower cost urgent care. Open at 7 a.m. for appointments before school begins. Online check-in available.
- Mid Coast Center for Community Health & Wellness Flu Prevention: Resources to help prevent the spread of seasonal influenza, including a list of free seasonal flu clinics in Midcoast Maine.