Whether you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are asymptomatic and in need of a test, Mid Coast Hospital asks that you first contact your primary care provider. He or she can review your symptoms and direct you to a site for further evaluation or testing.
If you do not have a local provider and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, the Mid Coast Hospital Walk-In Clinic is available for medical evaluation. To view wait times and check in online, visit www.midcoasthealth.com/walkin.
Testing at Mid Coast Hospital is offered as a drive-through service, and patients will remain in their vehicles at all times. All testing is by appointment only.
Testing for Patients with a Provider's Order
Mid Coast Hospital offers testing for individuals with a provider’s order. This includes all patients of Mid Coast Hospital, Mid Coast Medical Group, and MaineHealth, as well as patients of other Maine-based providers.
- First, contact your provider for a testing referral.
- Once you have a test ordered by a provider, please wait 1-2 hours before contacting the Mid Coast Hospital COVID-19 Information Line at (207) 373-6699 to make a testing appointment.
- Provider-ordered tests will be sent to the MaineHealth laboratory (NorDx) for processing.
- Results can be expected within two business days and will be sent to the referring provider.
- The patient’s insurance will be billed for the test.
Learn more about MaineHealth's COVID-19 testing services at www.mainehealth.org/Coronavirus-COVID-19/Testing.