Whether you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are asymptomatic and in need of a test, Mid Coast Hospital asks that you first contact your primary care provider. He or she can review your symptoms and direct you to a site for further evaluation or testing.
If you do not have a local provider and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, the Mid Coast Hospital Walk-In Clinic is available for medical evaluation. To view wait times and check in online, visit www.midcoasthealth.com/walkin.
Testing at Mid Coast Hospital is offered as a drive-through service, and patients will remain in their vehicles at all times. All testing is by appointment only.
Testing for Patients with a Provider's Order
Mid Coast Hospital offers testing for individuals with a provider’s order. This includes all patients of Mid Coast Hospital, Mid Coast Medical Group, and MaineHealth, as well as patients of other Maine-based providers.
- First, contact your provider for a testing referral.
- Once you have a test ordered by a provider, please wait 1-2 hours before contacting the Mid Coast Hospital COVID-19 Information Line at (207) 373-6699 to make a testing appointment.
- Provider-ordered tests will be sent to the MaineHealth laboratory (NorDx) for processing.
- Results can be expected within two business days.
- The patient’s insurance will be billed for the test.
Testing for Patients Without a Provider's Order / Swab and Send
As a state-sponsored Swab and Send site, Mid Coast Hospital also offers testing for people with or without symptoms who do not have an order from a local provider, or who reside outside of Maine. This service is not available to Mid Coast–Parkview Health or MaineHealth patients because priority testing through an established provider is faster and integrated with patient records.
- Please first fill out the MaineHealth Swab and Send testing request form.
- To schedule a time for testing at Mid Coast Hospital, call the Mid Coast Hospital COVID-19 Information Line at (207) 373-6699.
- These tests will be sent to the Maine CDC Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory (HETL) for processing.
- Results can be expected in three to five business days.
- These tests are free to any individuals who believe they may have COVID-19 or could have been exposed to the virus, with or without symptoms, as defined under the DHHS Standing Order.
Learn more about MaineHealth's COVID-19 testing services at www.mainehealth.org/Coronavirus-COVID-19/Testing.