To ensure that philanthropy
merits the respect and trust of the general public, and
that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence
in Mid Coast Hospital, we declare that all donors have
the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the organization’s
mission, the way it intends to use donated resources,
and its capacity to use donations effectively for its
The right to know the identity of those serving on
the organization’s governing board, and to expect
the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship
The right to have access to the organization’s
most recent financial statements.
- The right to be assured gifts to the organization will
be used of the purpose for which they were given.
- The right to receive appropriate acknowledgment and
recognition for all gifts.
- The right to be assured that information about the
organizations donations is handled with respect and
confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- The right to expect that all relationships with individuals
representing organizations of interest to the donor
will be professional in nature.
- The right to be informed whether those seeking donations
are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired
- The right to have the opportunity to not be solicited
and to delete your name from mailing
- The right to feel free to ask questions when making
a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright
Developed by: American Association of Fund-Raising
Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
(AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education
(CASE), National Society of Fund Raising Executives
Make A Donation Now