The Center for Weight & Lifestyle Change
at Maine's Mid Coast Hospital
Our popular Weight & Lifestyle Change program is designed to help individuals create a foundation for long-term weight loss by focusing on key factors that contribute to obesity—nutritional, emotional, and physical health.
The 12-week program includes nutrition guidance, individual and group behavioral health sessions, and exercise coaching.
Program participants will learn the following:
- Tools to ensure sustained success and maintenance of a healthy weight and lifestyle
- How to develop a healthy body and self image
- Instruction in meal and exercise planning
- Discover personal barriers or sabotaging behaviors
- Identify unhealthy lifestyle patterns with food
- The difference between emotional and physical hunger
- How to set realistic weight and lifestyle goals
Cost of the program varies based on insurance coverage (not currently covered by Medicare or MaineCare). A specific quote will be made to you once we receive a referral from your primary care provider.