Healthy Weight for a Lifetime
at Maine's Mid Coast Hospital
The Healthy Weight for a Lifetime program focuses on creating a long-term solution for weight loss by addressing the emotional, physical, and nutritional issues contributing to obesity. This 12-week mindful living program is set apart due to the multidisciplinary approach that includes:
Dietitian will encourage participants to eat with awareness and define weight and health goals.
Our licensed psychotherapist teaches participants to live with awareness while setting realistic goals for lifestyle changes.
Our certified exercise coach helps participants to move with awareness for life-long behavior change.
This physician-supervised program will help participants create a foundation to ensure sustained success and maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.
Program participants will learn the following:
- Tools to ensure sustained success and maintenance of a healthy weight and lifestyle
- How to develop a healthy body and self-image
- Instruction in meal and exercise planning
- Discover personal barriers or sabotaging behaviors
- Identify unhealthy lifestyle patterns with food
- The difference between emotional and physical hunger
- How to set realistic weight and lifestyle goals
Program participants must be 18 years of age or older. Enrollment requires referral from your primary care physician. Costs vary based on insurance coverage (not currently covered by Medicare or MaineCare).