Mission and Values
At MID COAST HOSPITAL, we integrate remarkable twenty-first century technical and scientific advances in healthcare with more traditional and human aspects of caring and healing. As your community hospital, we provide this modern, compassionate healthcare close to home. We provide maximum value for each service we deliver.
- Mid Coast Hospital puts the safety and comfort of its patients and staff first.
- Mid Coast Hospital recognizes the dignity of each patient, employee, volunteer, and physician, and expects and promotes quality relationships based on mutual trust and integrity.
- Mid Coast Hospital delivers a high level of personal service and responsiveness to patients, families, and physicians.
- Mid Coast Hospital is an efficient organization that provides value for the investment in healthcare by individuals, employers, insurance carriers, and the community.
- Mid Coast Hospital assures quality and effectiveness of care through performance improvement, employee participation, education, innovation, problem-solving, and responsiveness.
- Mid Coast Hospital participates in local and statewide initiatives that contribute to addressing community healthcare needs, meeting stated organizational objectives and contributing to the efficiency and well being of the hospital.
- Mid Coast Hospital communicates clearly how and what it is doing to foster each employee's, physician's, and community member's sense of participation in the hospital.
- Mid Coast Hospital is accountable for its performance and for producing results. The hospital staff works to meet or exceed all performance standards.
- Mid Coast Hospital develops productive, long-term relationships with its patients, employees, volunteers, physicians, and the community it serves.
- Mid Coast Hospital reduces its impact on the environment through pollution elimination and recycling programs.
- Mid Coast Hospital supports the highest level of professionalism among its health care providers.
- Mid Coast Hospital employees have a sense of excitement, enthusiasm, energy, and humor. They have a positive attitude and are committed to the organization, its goals and values, and to each other.