This is a suggested pattern. You may use your own pattern.
Use a size 9 circular needle 29" long and 4-ply machine washable and dryable acrylic knitted worsted yarn. This pattern requires 22 to 24 ounces of yarn for each robe. It starts at one corner, grows out to two corners and decreases to one corner, made all in one piece.
- Cast on two stitches. Row 1: Knit off 1st stitch. Increase 2nd stitch. Row 2: Knit 1, Inc.1, K1. Row 3: K1, Inc. 1, K1, K1. Row 4: K1, Inc. 1, K1, K1, K1.
- Subsequent rows: Continue as above, always knitting off the 1st stitch and increasing on the second stitch, then continuing with the plain (garter) stitch, to the end of each row.
- When the finished edge of the blanket measures 40 inches (this will be half the blanket), start to decrease.
- To decrease: K1, K2 together, continue to K1 to end of row. Continue above with each row until you are down to the end. You will have a blanket 40 inches square, with a good finished edge.
- Lap robes may be taken to Volunteer Services Office at Mid Coast Hospital... Many thanks!
When done, please take items to the Volunteer Services Office at Mid Coast Hospital, 123 Medical
Center Dr., Brunswick. Many thanks!
(For location maps and contact numbers, go here.)